Cypress Lake High School JROTC Staff
SGM (Retired) Major (Retired)
Levi Bennett Paulette B. Provost
Army Instructor Senior Army Instructor
The Purpose of JROTC
The Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC) is a Federal program sponsored by the United States Armed Forces in high schools across the United States.
The purpose of Junior ROTC is to instill in students in United States secondary educational institutions the values of citizenship, service to the United States, and personal responsibility and a sense of accomplishment.
- Promote Citizenship
- Develop Leadership & critical/creative thinking
- Teach to communicate effectively
- Improve physical fitness
- Provide incentive to live drug-free
- Strengthen positive self-motivation
- Provide global awareness to include a historical perspective of military service
- Train to work as a team member
- Inspire to graduate from high school, attend institutions of higher learning, and pursue meaningful careers particularly in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.